NEW YORK, October 4, 2022 – Immunic, Inc. (Nasdaq: IMUX), a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing a pipeline of selective oral immunology therapies focused on treating chronic inflammatory and autoimmune diseases, today announced participation in the following scientific and industry conferences in October:
- October 8-11: 30th United European Gastroenterology (UEG) Week 2022. Members of Immunic’s clinical team will attend this conference in Vienna.
- October 19-22: 19th International Celiac Disease Symposium (ICDS). Franziska Buriánek, M.D., Medical Director at Immunic, will present data from the single and multiple ascending dose parts of the company’s phase 1 clinical trial of IMU-856, an orally available, small molecule modulator of a transcriptional regulator of intestinal barrier function and regeneration of bowel epithelium, in a poster presentation at this conference in Sorrento, Italy. The poster presentation will be accessible on the “Events and Presentations” section of Immunic’s website at: https://ir.imux.com/events-and-presentations.
- Title: First-in-Human Trial of IMU-856, an Orally Available Tight-Junction Regulator for the Treatment of Celiac Disease
- Authors: Thomas Polasek, Franziska Buriánek, Jelena Mihajlovic, Evelyn Peelen, Juliano Fonseca, Amelie Schreieck, Inge Kehler, Daniel Vitt, Hella Kohlhof, Andreas Muehler
- Date: Friday, October 21, 2022
- Specific details regarding poster number and panel information will be published on the “Events and Presentations” section of Immunic’s website at: https://ir.imux.com/events-and-presentations, once they are available.
- October 24-26: BIO-Europe 2022. Members of Immunic’s business development and investor relations teams will attend this conference in Leipzig, Germany and participate in partnering activities. To schedule a meeting, please use the BIO-Europe partnering portal at: https://informaconnect.com/bioeurope/access-event/.
- October 26-28: 38th Congress of European Committee for Treatment and Research in Multiple Sclerosis (ECTRIMS). Robert J. Fox, M.D., Staff Neurologist, Mellen Center for Multiple Sclerosis, Vice-Chair for Research, Neurologic Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, will present data from the company’s phase 2 EMPhASIS trial of lead asset, vidofludimus calcium (IMU-838), a selective oral DHODH inhibitor, in relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis in an oral presentation at this conference in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. The presentation will be accessible on the “Events and Presentations” section of Immunic’s website at: https://ir.imux.com/events-and-presentations.
- Title: Assessment of Dose-Dependency of Anti-Inflammatory and Neuroprotective Efficacy Variables and Biomarkers for Vidofludimus Calcium in EMPhASIS: a Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Phase 2 Trial in Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis
- Abstract Number: 238
- Presentation Number: O120
- Authors: Robert J. Fox, Heinz Wiendl, Christian Wolf, Nicola De Stefano, Johann Sellner, Viktoriia Gryb, Konrad Rejdak, Plamen Stoyanov Bozhinov, Nataliya Tomakh, Iryna Skrypchenko, Andreas Muehler
- Session Title: Free Communications 5: Treatment
- Session Date: Thursday, October 27, 2022
- Session Time: 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm CET
- Location: Room 6
About Immunic, Inc.
Immunic, Inc. (Nasdaq: IMUX) is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company with a pipeline of selective oral immunology therapies focused on treating chronic inflammatory and autoimmune diseases. The company is developing three small molecule products: its lead development program, vidofludimus calcium (IMU-838), a selective immune modulator that inhibits the intracellular metabolism of activated immune cells by blocking the enzyme DHODH and exhibits a host-based antiviral effect, is currently being developed as a treatment option for multiple sclerosis, and primary sclerosing cholangitis. IMU-935, a selective inverse agonist of the transcription factor RORγ/RORγt, is targeted for development in psoriasis, and castration-resistant prostate cancer. IMU-856, which targets the restoration of the intestinal barrier function, is targeted for development in diseases involving bowel barrier dysfunction. For further information, please visit: www.imux.com.
Cautionary Statement Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
This press release contains “forward-looking statements” that involve substantial risks and uncertainties for purposes of the safe harbor provided by the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. All statements, other than statements of historical facts, included in this press release regarding strategy, future operations, future financial position, future revenue, projected expenses, sufficiency of cash, expected timing and results of clinical trials, prospects, plans and objectives of management are forward-looking statements. Examples of such statements include, but are not limited to, statements relating to management’s and employee’s participation in scientific and industry conferences. Immunic may not actually achieve the plans, carry out the intentions or meet the expectations or projections disclosed in the forward-looking statements and you should not place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements. Such statements are based on management’s current expectations and involve substantial risks and uncertainties. Actual results and performance could differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements as a result of many factors, including, without limitation, the COVID-19 pandemic, impacts of the Ukraine – Russia conflict on clinical trials, risks and uncertainties associated with the ability to project future cash utilization and reserves needed for contingent future liabilities and business operations, the availability of sufficient financial and other resources to meet business objectives and operational requirements, the fact that the results of earlier preclinical studies and clinical trials may not be predictive of future clinical trial results, the protection and market exclusivity provided by Immunic’s intellectual property, risks related to the drug development and the regulatory approval process and the impact of competitive products and technological changes. A further list and descriptions of these risks, uncertainties and other factors can be found in the section captioned “Risk Factors,” in the company’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021, filed with the SEC on February 24, 2022, and in the company’s subsequent filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Copies of these filings are available online at www.sec.gov or ir.imux.com/sec-filings. Any forward-looking statement made in this release speaks only as of the date of this release. Immunic disclaims any intent or obligation to update these forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances that exist after the date on which they were made. Immunic expressly disclaims all liability in respect to actions taken or not taken based on any or all the contents of this press release.
Head of Investor Relations and Communications
+49 89 2080 477 09
US IR Contact
Rx Communications Group
+1 917 633 7790
US Media Contact
+1 617 974 8659