NEW YORK, November 10, 2022 – Immunic, Inc. (Nasdaq: IMUX), a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing a pipeline of selective oral immunology therapies focused on treating chronic inflammatory and autoimmune diseases, today announced participation in the following investor and scientific conferences in November and December:
- November 17: Immunic’s Multiple Sclerosis R&D Webcast. Immunic’s management will be joined by renowned key opinion leaders to discuss the unmet medical need and recent scientific findings in the multiple sclerosis space as well as to provide an update on the development progress of lead asset, vidofludimus calcium (IMU-838), in multiple sclerosis in a webcast on Thursday, November 17, 2022 at 11:00 am ET. Featured key opinion leaders will be:
- Fred D. Lublin, M.D., Saunders Family Professor of Neurology, Director, The Corinne Goldsmith Dickinson Center for Multiple Sclerosis, Icahn School of Medicine, Mount Sinai Hospital, New York, NY, USA
- Lawrence Steinman, M.D., Professor of Neurology and Neurological Sciences, Pediatrics, and Genetics, Stanford University School of Medicine, Department of Neurology & Neurological Sciences, Stanford, CA, USA
- Heinz Wiendl, M.D., Ph.D., Director Department of Neurology with Institute of Translational Neurology, University of Münster, Münster, Germany
- The multiple sclerosis R&D webcast will be held virtually via Zoom. To participate, please register in advance at: https://imux.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_vVIraQmQTpG2dmAb8c9Qng. Registrants will receive a confirmation email containing a link for online participation or a telephone number for dial in access. An archived replay of the webcast will be available on the “Events and Presentations” section of Immunic’s website at: ir.imux.com/events-and-presentations.
- November 29 – December 1: Piper Sandler & Co. 34th Annual Healthcare Conference. Daniel Vitt, Ph.D., Chief Executive Officer and President of Immunic, will participate in a fireside chat at this conference in New York on Thursday, December 1, 2022 at 12:30 pm ET. A live webcast of the presentation will be available on the “Events and Presentations” section of Immunic’s website at: ir.imux.com/events-and-presentations. An archived replay will be available on the company’s website for a period of 90 days after the conference.
- November 29 – December 1: Evercore ISI HealthCONx Conference 2022. Members of Immunic’s management and investor relations teams will attend this virtual conference. To schedule a meeting, please contact an Evercore representative.
- November 29 – December 2: Australasian Pharmaceutical Science Association (APSA) and Australasian Society of Clinical and Experimental Pharmacologists and Toxicologists (ASCEPT) 2022 Joint Conference. Dr. Thomas M. Polasek, Clinical Pharmacology Registrar, Royal Adelaide Hospital, Australia,will present data from Immunic’s phase 1 clinical trial of IMU-856, an orally available, small molecule modulator of a transcriptional regulator of intestinal barrier function and regeneration of bowel epithelium, in a poster presentation at this conference in Perth, Australia. The poster presentation will be accessible on the “Events and Presentations” section of Immunic’s website at: https://ir.imux.com/events-and-presentations.
- Title: Phase 1a/1b Trial of a Tight Junction Regulator (IMU-856) for Celiac Disease
- Poster Number: 292
- Authors: Thomas Polasek, Franziska Buriánek, Jelena Mihajlovic, Evelyn Peelen, Juliano Fonseca, Amelie Schreieck, Inge Kehler, Daniel Vitt, Hella Kohlhof, Andreas Muehler
- Specific details regarding date, time and location of the presentation will be published on the “Events and Presentations” section of Immunic’s website at: https://ir.imux.com/events-and-presentations, once they are available.
- November 30 – December 1: Outsourcing in Clinical Trials DACH 2022. Jelena Mihajlović, Ph.D., Clinical Operations Program Lead at Immunic, will present during a session entitled “Stream A: Clinical Operations and Outsourcing,” at this conference in Munich, Germany on Wednesday, November 30, 2022, at 2:00 pm CET (8:00 am ET). The presentation entitled “Choosing a CRO as a small to mid sized biotech company: factors to consider,” will be accessible on the “Events and Presentations” section of Immunic’s website at: https://ir.imux.com/events-and-presentations.
About Immunic, Inc.
Immunic, Inc. (Nasdaq: IMUX) is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company with a pipeline of selective oral immunology therapies focused on treating chronic inflammatory and autoimmune diseases. The company is developing three small molecule products: its lead development program, vidofludimus calcium (IMU-838), a selective immune modulator that inhibits the intracellular metabolism of activated immune cells by blocking the enzyme DHODH and exhibits a host-based antiviral effect, is currently being developed as a treatment option for multiple sclerosis. IMU-935, a selective inverse agonist of the transcription factor RORγ/RORγt, is targeted for development in psoriasis, and castration-resistant prostate cancer. IMU-856, which targets the restoration of the intestinal barrier function, is targeted for development in diseases involving bowel barrier dysfunction. For further information, please visit: www.imux.com.
Cautionary Statement Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
This press release contains “forward-looking statements” that involve substantial risks and uncertainties for purposes of the safe harbor provided by the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. All statements, other than statements of historical facts, included in this press release regarding strategy, future operations, future financial position, future revenue, projected expenses, sufficiency of cash, expected timing and results of clinical trials, prospects, plans and objectives of management are forward-looking statements. Examples of such statements include, but are not limited to, statements relating to management’s and employee’s participation in investor and scientific conferences. Immunic may not actually achieve the plans, carry out the intentions or meet the expectations or projections disclosed in the forward-looking statements and you should not place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements. Such statements are based on management’s current expectations and involve substantial risks and uncertainties. Actual results and performance could differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements as a result of many factors, including, without limitation, the COVID-19 pandemic, increasing inflation, impacts of the Ukraine – Russia conflict on clinical trials, risks and uncertainties associated with the ability to project future cash utilization and reserves needed for contingent future liabilities and business operations, the availability of sufficient financial and other resources to meet business objectives and operational requirements, the fact that the results of earlier preclinical studies and clinical trials may not be predictive of future clinical trial results, the protection and market exclusivity provided by Immunic’s intellectual property, risks related to the drug development and the regulatory approval process and the impact of competitive products and technological changes. A further list and descriptions of these risks, uncertainties and other factors can be found in the section captioned “Risk Factors,” in the company’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021, filed with the SEC on February 24, 2022, and in the company’s subsequent filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Copies of these filings are available online at www.sec.gov or ir.imux.com/sec-filings. Any forward-looking statement made in this release speaks only as of the date of this release. Immunic disclaims any intent or obligation to update these forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances that exist after the date on which they were made. Immunic expressly disclaims all liability in respect to actions taken or not taken based on any or all the contents of this press release.
Head of Investor Relations and Communications
+49 89 2080 477 09
US IR Contact
Rx Communications Group
+1 917 633 7790
US Media Contact
+1 617 974 8659