NEW YORK, April 13, 2021 – Immunic, Inc. (Nasdaq: IMUX), a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing a pipeline of selective oral immunology therapies aimed at treating chronic inflammatory and autoimmune diseases, today announced participation in the following scientific, investor and industry conferences in April:
- April 17-22: 2021 Virtual American Academy of Neurology (AAN) Annual Meeting. Robert J. Fox, M.D., Staff Neurologist, Mellen Center for Multiple Sclerosis, Vice-Chair for Research, Neurologic Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, will present the full data set from Immunic’s phase 2 EMPhASIS trial of its lead asset, IMU-838, in patients with relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis at the 2021 Virtual AAN Annual Meeting.
- Abstract Number: 2872
- Title: Efficacy and Safety of the Selective Oral DHODH Modulator Vidofludimus Calcium (IMU‑838) in Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis: A Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Phase 2 Trial (EMPhASIS)
- Session Title: P15: MS Clinical Trials and Therapeutics
- Program Number: P15.085
- The poster presentation, including an audio track, will be available in the virtual poster hall the entire length of the meeting and for thirty days after the conference. The poster will also be accessible on the “Events and Presentations” section of Immunic’s website at: ir.imux.com/events-and-presentations. In addition, Dr. Fox will be available for a virtual one-on-one discussion to address any questions regarding the poster on Monday, April 19, from 12:30 to 1:00 pm ET via the conference portal.
- April 28-29: Virtual B. Riley Neuroscience Conference. Daniel Vitt, Ph.D., Chief Executive Officer and President of Immunic, will participate in a fireside chat on Wednesday, April 28, at 9:30 am ET. Specific details regarding webcast and replay information will be published on the “Events and Presentations” section of Immunic’s website at: ir.imux.com/events-and-presentations, once they are available.
- April 28-30: German Corona Showcase 2021 (held in English). Dr. Vitt will present an overview of Immunic’s phase 2 CALVID-1 trial of IMU-838 in moderate COVID-19 on Friday, April 30, at 10:50 am CET (4:50 am ET). Specific details regarding webcast and replay information will be published on the “Events and Presentations” section of Immunic’s website at: ir.imux.com/events-and-presentations, once they are available.
About Immunic, Inc.
Immunic, Inc. (Nasdaq: IMUX) is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company with a pipeline of selective oral immunology therapies aimed at treating chronic inflammatory and autoimmune diseases. The company is developing three small molecule products: its lead development program, IMU-838, a selective immune modulator that inhibits the intracellular metabolism of activated immune cells by blocking the enzyme DHODH and exhibits a host-based antiviral effect, is currently being developed as a treatment option for multiple sclerosis, ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease, COVID-19, and primary sclerosing cholangitis. IMU-935, a selective inverse agonist of the transcription factor RORγt, is targeted for development in psoriasis and Guillain-Barré syndrome. IMU-856, which targets the restoration of the intestinal barrier function, is targeted for development in diseases involving bowel barrier dysfunction. For further information, please visit: www.imux.com.
Cautionary Statement Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
This press release contains “forward-looking statements” that involve substantial risks and uncertainties for purposes of the safe harbor provided by the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. All statements, other than statements of historical facts, included in this press release regarding strategy, future operations, future financial position, future revenue, projected expenses, prospects, plans and objectives of management are forward-looking statements. Examples of such statements include, but are not limited to, statements relating to management’s participation in scientific, investor and industry conferences. Immunic may not actually achieve the plans, carry out the intentions or meet the expectations or projections disclosed in the forward-looking statements and you should not place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements. Such statements are based on management’s current expectations and involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results and performance could differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements as a result of many factors, including, without limitation, the COVID-19 pandemic, risks and uncertainties associated with the ability to project future cash utilization and reserves needed for contingent future liabilities and business operations, the availability of sufficient resources to meet business objectives and operational requirements, the fact that the results of earlier studies and trials may not be predictive of future clinical trial results, the protection and market exclusivity provided by Immunic’s intellectual property, risks related to the drug development and the regulatory approval process and the impact of competitive products and technological changes. A further list and descriptions of these risks, uncertainties and other factors can be found in the section captioned “Risk Factors,” in the company’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2020, filed with the SEC on February 26, 2021, and in the company’s subsequent filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Copies of these filings are available online at www.sec.gov or ir.imux.com/sec-filings. Any forward-looking statement made in this release speaks only as of the date of this release. Immunic disclaims any intent or obligation to update these forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances that exist after the date on which they were made. Immunic expressly disclaims all liability in respect to actions taken or not taken based on any or all the contents of this press release.
Head of Investor Relations and Communications
+49 89 2080 477 09
US IR Contact
Rx Communications Group
+1 917 322 2216
US Media Contact
+1 781 639 1910