NEW YORK, June 8, 2022 – Immunic, Inc. (Nasdaq: IMUX), a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing a pipeline of selective oral immunology therapies focused on treating chronic inflammatory and autoimmune diseases, today announced participation in the following scientific, industry and investor conferences in June:
- June 10-13: 13th International Congress on Autoimmunity.Evelyn Peelen, Ph.D., Senior Manager Translational Pharmacology at Immunic, will present preclinical data on IMU-935, the company’s potentially best-in-class oral IL-17 inhibitor, at this congress in Athens, Greece. The poster presentation will be accessible on the “Events and Presentations” section of Immunic’s website at: https://ir.imux.com/events-and-presentations.
- Abstract Number: 511
- Poster Number: 120
- Title: Development of IMU-935, an Orally Available RORgammaT Inverse Agonist That Inhibits TH17-Dependant Autoimmunity Without Inducing Thymocyte Aberrations
- June 12-16: BIO International Convention. Members of Immunic’s business development team will host one-on-one partnering meetings during the conference in San Diego, California. To schedule a meeting, please use the BIO International partnering portal at: https://www.bio.org/events/bio-international-convention/one-one-partneringtm.
- June 15-16: JMP Securities Life Sciences Conference. Daniel Vitt, Ph.D., Chief Executive Officer and President of Immunic, will participate in a fireside chat at the JMP Securities Life Sciences Conference on Thursday, June 16, at 1:30 pm EDT, in New York. A live webcast of the presentation will be available on the “Events and Presentations” section of Immunic’s website at: ir.imux.com/events-and-presentations. An archived replay will be available on the company’s website for a period of 90 days after the conference.
- June 20-22: IBS DAYS 2022. Members of Immunic’s clinical team will attend this conference in Bologna, Italy.
About Immunic, Inc.
Immunic, Inc. (Nasdaq: IMUX) is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company with a pipeline of selective oral immunology therapies focused on treating chronic inflammatory and autoimmune diseases. The company is developing three small molecule products: its lead development program, vidofludimus calcium (IMU-838), a selective immune modulator that inhibits the intracellular metabolism of activated immune cells by blocking the enzyme DHODH and exhibits a host-based antiviral effect, is currently being developed as a treatment option for multiple sclerosis, and primary sclerosing cholangitis. IMU-935, a selective inverse agonist of the transcription factor RORγ/RORγt, is targeted for development in psoriasis, castration-resistant prostate cancer and Guillain-Barré syndrome. IMU-856, which targets the restoration of the intestinal barrier function, is targeted for development in diseases involving bowel barrier dysfunction. For further information, please visit: www.imux.com.
Cautionary Statement Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
This press release contains “forward-looking statements” that involve substantial risks and uncertainties for purposes of the safe harbor provided by the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. All statements, other than statements of historical facts, included in this press release regarding strategy, future operations, future financial position, future revenue, projected expenses, prospects, plans and objectives of management are forward-looking statements. Examples of such statements include, but are not limited to, statements relating to management’s participation in scientific, industry and investor conferences. Immunic may not actually achieve the plans, carry out the intentions or meet the expectations or projections disclosed in the forward-looking statements and you should not place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements. Such statements are based on management’s current expectations and involve substantial risks and uncertainties. Actual results and performance could differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements as a result of many factors, including, without limitation, the COVID-19 pandemic, risks and uncertainties associated with the ability to project future cash utilization and reserves needed for contingent future liabilities and business operations, the availability of sufficient financial and other resources to meet business objectives and operational requirements, the fact that the results of earlier preclinical studies and clinical trials may not be predictive of future clinical trial results, the protection and market exclusivity provided by Immunic’s intellectual property, risks related to the drug development and the regulatory approval process and the impact of competitive products and technological changes. A further list and descriptions of these risks, uncertainties and other factors can be found in the section captioned “Risk Factors,” in the company’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021, filed with the SEC on February 24, 2022, and in the company’s subsequent filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Copies of these filings are available online at www.sec.gov or ir.imux.com/sec-filings. Any forward-looking statement made in this release speaks only as of the date of this release. Immunic disclaims any intent or obligation to update these forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances that exist after the date on which they were made. Immunic expressly disclaims all liability in respect to actions taken or not taken based on any or all the contents of this press release.
Head of Investor Relations and Communications
+49 89 2080 477 09
US IR Contact
Rx Communications Group
+1 917 322 2216
US Media Contact
+1 781 639 1910